I'm super pleased to inform you we are reopening in phases, beginning on July 10th, with limited hours at first.
We have implemented quite a few changes to meet the needs of the times, please take a moment to slow down and read through this information before scheduling your next visit or sending inquiries. Thank you!
We look forward to seeing you,
Community Acupuncture of Marin
Clinic Space - Updated for Everyone's Safety
- Each treatment station is 8 feet apart, so we have four recliners in our community room (no tables for now).
- High touch areas will be cleaned and disinfected regularly throughout the shift.
- A HEPA filter air purifier will be run at all times during our hours of operation.
- Paper chair coverings will be changed after each patient.
- Masks covering the mouth and nose must be worn at all times by everyone.
You will be prompted via email to answer a Mandatory COVID-19 Screening prior to coming to the clinic. This must happen before you enter the clinic.
When scheduling, use the "note" feature to describe the purpose of your visit. We will be limiting talking in person.
- Wash your hands or use your own hand sanitizer.
- Wait in the front room for your acupuncturist to take your temperature with a no-touch thermometer.
- Limit the amount of belongings you bring into the space.
- Take a seat and remove shoes at your treatment chair, do not use cubbies.
- Do not bring anyone with you to your treatment without prior consent.
- Your appointment time is the time you need to walk through our front door. Please be exactly on time so we can enforce safe physical distancing with the flow of patients coming and going.
- Talking will be minimized to reduce the spread of germs. Please use the "note" feature when scheduling to let your practitioner know the reason for your visit in writing.
- Treatment length (needles in) will be 35 minutes.
- We can no longer offer blankets or pillows and props. Feel free to bring a small blanket or shawl from home to cover yourself or to use as extra support at your neck or low back.
- We are only taking contactless payment with credit /debit cards on file. This means we need a current card on file for you.
- We are not accepting cash or checks at this time and we are not able to sell frequent visit cards at this time.
We now require a 48-hour advance notice to cancel or reschedule appointments, otherwise you will be charged the fee for your visit. This will be strictly enforced. If you DO feel sick, please stay home and rest. If you have to cancel due to illness, please tell us and you will NOT be charged a late cancellation fee.
Temporary Increase in Cost of Treatment
Our clinic has been able to offer affordable care while treating 6 patients per hour.
In order to provide SAFE care now, we are currently at capacity treating a maximum of four patients per hour, and we have several additional costs that reduce our revenue.
In order to remain sustainable, we are temporarily increasing the cost of a return visit treatment to $50, flat fee.
If you have a frequent visit card, your fee ($50) will be deducted from the total balance remaining on file.
Access and affordability are the foundation of our mission and we hope to reduce our fees as soon as we can in a sustainable way.
Schedule Acupuncture Here
Why is Brittany the only one on the schedule?
We are reopening in phases. If you haven't been treated by Brittany, she is a skilled and caring practitioner and can continue your care at this stage of our opening.
Ronit is currently available for personal development work and private treatments for a few select patients.
Karena is available for privates and will be adding community hours soon.
For private acupuncture, please inquire via email here.