Join me in the woods, where turkeys, coyote, salamanders, hawks, and so many more creatures make their homes.
Saturday, Sept. 30th, 8 am - Sunday, Oct. 1st, 8 pm, 2017
Typical Weekend Schedule
8am: We meet at the Armstrong Redwoods parking lot to review all that you're bringing. You may choose to leave behind some items and lighten your load.
8:30am: We will drive to the trailhead and drop into this wondrous place, hiking in silence. This is an opportunity to still our minds and open to the beauty around us. The hike to our camp site is 5.8 miles.
We camp in the Austin Creek back country; my personal retreat spot for over 20 years. These glorious camp sites are near creeks with gorgeous views, and delightful sounds.
12pm: We reach our site, make camp, and enjoy lunch.
1pm: Creative projects and games. There's a big field, perfect for this.
4pm: Chill time. There are two exquisite swimming holes. It is my pleasure to introduce you to them :)
7pm: Around a camp fire, we’ll share in music, stories, questions, issues, and more.
Drift into a luxurious sleep.
7:30am: Begin the day with yoga, chanting and meditation
10am: Silent time for reading, a stroll, journaling, or meditation
1pm: Creativity and games
2:30pm: Chill time
5:30pm: Hike out with a meal along the way
If this journey inspires you, contact me to talk about gear, food, carpooling, directions, concerns, anything you like.
Preregister by September 16th: $100. After September 16th: $130. Maximum number of participants: 8.
Sign up soon, as this retreat will fill up.
Sahar (707) 331-5460
Suggested Packing List & Preparation Guide
- Adventurous Spirit, Open Heart!
- Camping food for yourself
- Water shoes for traversing the creek
- Flashlight / headlamp
- Sleeping bag and mat (tent is optional)
- Small, lightweight musical or percussion instrument
- Personal toiletries / items.
- Eco-friendly mosquito repellent and sunscreen are recommended.
- There is an outhouse, there is not always toilet paper
- There is no faucet drinking or washing water, but we have the creek! We will filter water from the creek for drinking and food prep.
- I bring a cooking stove and water purifier, but we can use more than one.
- Do you have either of these? Do you have fuel to share?
- If you are concerned with carrying gear, or have other concerns, we can help.